#VAGeoCon2022 March 29th & 30th, 2022
We were honored to have both Robert K Nelson and Justin Madron from the Digital Scholarship Lab at the
University of Richmond as our Keynote Speakers this year. See the full Announcement here.
The 30th annual Virginia GIS Conference was a success! We had nearly 200 attendees on-site!
*Attendees: watch your email for a post-conference survey coming soon*
Photos from the event have been shared in the VAMLIS Facebook GeoCon2022 folder.
Map Gallery Showcase Poster and Web App winners were announced at the conference and can be viewed here.
View the VAMLIS History Story Map, compiled by the Conference Committee, here.
Presentation Abstracts topics can be viewed here. *Full daily schedule agenda can be viewed here!
*Please contact your presenter directly for session slides. If you need assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This year, we also have an electronic schedule app available:SCHED (Download the App, search VAMLIS, to find GeoCon2022)
A short tutorial video of the SCHED app by our VAMLIS President can be viewed here.
*Thank you to all our vendors and sponsors who were a part of GeoCon2022! View the vendor layout here.
In the meantime, please enjoy our virtual webinar information series:
- A Virtual Webinar series - Free of Charge to VAMLIS members - check our Activities page for current details.
We anticipated there will be some questions with these changes - so please see some general questions and answers below - and if you have any additional questions, please contact the Secretary and we will work to answer any additional questions you may have in a timely manner.
What does this mean for your membership?
- If you paid your 2020 membership fees, either individual or through a group membership package, these fees will be automatically carried over to cover the 2020-2021 year (through June 30,2021).
- If you have already paid your 2021 membership fees, you will be provided a 2022 membership as well.
- Individual memberships will need to be renewed for the 2022 fiscal year (current) so that VAMLIS can plan future events.
What does this mean for your 2020 GeoCon registration?
- If you have already paid your 2020 GeoCon registration, either individual or through a group or vendor package, these fees and benefits will be carried over to cover the 2022 GeoCon. We will be scheduling the 2022 GeoCon in the Spring and will be providing information on the dates and location as soon as it becomes available. You will need to contact Secretary for a code to register for GeoCon2022.
What if I can't attend the 2022 GeoCon or do not want a roll-over membership?
- Please contact the Treasurer directly if you decide you can not attend the 2022 GeoCon or do not wish to have a roll-over membership.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time and look forward to providing more GIS content and collaboration through our Virtual Webinar series and GeoCon 2022!
Thank you to our Sponsors so far!