VAMLIS GeoCon 2024
Date: November 6 - 7th 2024
Location: Kingsmill Resort, Williamsburg, VA.
VAMLIS GeoCon 2023
April 11th & 12th, 2023
Thank you to everyone that helped make VAMLIS GeoCon 2023 a huge success!
Congratulations to the Map Gallery Contest winners:
- Honorable Mention: Sam Nolen, Blacksburg HS: Urban Heat Islands of Salem: Results from the VFIC Heat Watch Campaign (StoryMap)
- Best Cartographic Design: Peter Lostritto, VA State Parks: Snake Fungal Disease at False Cape State Park (Map/Poster)
- Best Geographic Analysis: Andrew Cameron, VA Commonwealth University: Using GIS to Model Potential Winter Habitat for an Endangered Migratory Songbird in Southeast VA (Poster)
- Best StoryMap/Web Application: Bridget Wagner, HDR: The 2022 VA Statewide Rail Plan (Storymap)
- Best Student Poster: Emily Lopez, University of Richmond: Heat Vulnerability Index for Richmond Combined Statistical Area (Poster)
- Best Student StoryMap/Web Application: Nina Brundle, VA Commonwealth University: Understanding the Pamunkey River: A Review of Water Science, Management, and Traditional Knowledge
- Viewer’s Choice: Nina Brundle, VA Commonwealth University: Assessments of the Upper Tye and Piney Watersheds: Jewels of the Middle James
Thanks to our speakers, the VAMLIS Executive Board, the amazing planning committee, the GeoCon 2023 Sponsors and our keynote speaker, Dr. Tamarah Holmes.
The Hotel Madison provided an amazing venue for a successful conference. We thank them for their hard work.
THANK YOU TO OUR GeoCon 2023 CONFERENCE SPONSORS FOR THEIR SUPPORT!
View the GeoCon 23 conference schedule, presentation abstracts and map gallery and web app showcase abstracts.
If you would like to assist the executive board with planning the conference, see the Committees page for details or email email@example.com
and ask to be included in our Committee Volunteers meetings.